Saturday, January 6, 2007

Sunless Vault

I'm still at work... same stupid song is playing as was when I first walked in here two hours ago. "Get To Me" by Train. The first time I heard it I thought it wasn't half bad but they totally killed it. I don't know how I feel about blogging from work. Not that I'm on the clock or anything and I have the place all to myself as usual but it's just not home.

I hear the sounds of ambulance coming to a stop near by...

Today was a rough day, tomorrow may prove to be the same. Not because of outward influences so much but because of a restlessness coming from within. I get like that every once in a while... and for the most part I've learned to recognise the signs. I know when it's coming. It builds within me. Sometimes slowly, sometimes not so. It starts as small funnel cloud with the potential to form into a full blown tornado. Reckless.

At times like these it is tempting to make drastic decisions, life altering choices. But I've learned to just hang on tight, to sit motionless in a sense. Till the storm passes and visibility returns to at least somewhat of a reasonable state. I should go running. It allows some of that restlessness to escape and exercise and fresh air usually leave me in a better frame of mind. Sometimes I'll go out to Little Mountain Park with the family, whether it just be with a few of my kids, my husband, or my Momma and bro. I always leave with the inescapable notion that less is more.

I assume things will turn around when my crew goes of Monday morning and I can resume with my regular agenda, and if not I'm sure you'll be hearing more a bout it. It's been great having them home for Christmas break but some stuff has gone neglected which leaves me feeling... the way I'm feeling. Sleep for one... time with my Father... time spent alone, etc.

It's time for me to go home... seeing as I have to be back here in only what seems like a few hours.

No comments: