Friday, January 15, 2010

My little man turned seven the other day. Just in case I have not mentioned recently how remarkable he is let me say it one more time. I truly do aspire to be like him. As part of a creative writing assignment he was given the task of convincing us as to why it would be a good idea to celebrate his birthday three times a year instead of just once. On and typical day, any typical child (and many an adult) would be all over this! (I know I would.) Who says no to more parties in their name, more cake, more presents, and just the general the feeling of being cherished more?

Well my toothless now seven year old was distraught. There was just no way he was going to do this assignment because to celebrate him more the once a year, "...would just not be right." to quote both him and CJ. Who raised these kids anyways? :S

Had the pleasure of taking my bro out for his birthday this evening to a nice dinner at a little place called Cafe Carlo(s)... I think....(off of Corydon) something of the sort, brother correct me if I am wrong. Food was great, although agreeably on the salty side, which normally is not a problem for me but towards the end it actually got to be a bit too much. Company was not so bad (wink wink)... actually company was great. :) And it was just really, really nice to get out and stop fretting over my current condition even if it was just for one nigh.

Actually, to be honest I have thought about it all significantly less in the last few days. At times maybe even forgotten that I am actually, for all intense and purposes pregnant. I may get into this more another time but for now... symptoms of the day.

-Placenta brain? (look it up :) ) Too soon for me but really? Spelling "cooperate" with a Q?
-breast tenderness... but maybe that just comes from squeezing the life out of them while checking whether or not they are sore. :)
-bleeding gums. Again, wasn't expecting this one this early on.
-nauseous? No. Not at all, thanks for asking, and yes this is causing me great concern.
-temporarily moved bed to bathroom. Anybody that knows me knows I go pee a ridiculous amount of times all in one day, and that's just when I'm NOT pregnant. That and the frequent TP readings in an effort to find out the fate of my future, and well... it just seemed to make sense.
-and tiredness... I think... although it's hard to say because when am I NOT tired, pregnant or not but I think it's to a greater degree. So great that I'm not doing a once over on this and sending it straight to the press. Forgive me and my placenta brain. :) Have to get up and get my hair done tomorrow morning! Yikes, this could be bad!

No comments: