Friday, June 1, 2007

Too tired to think of something

Today...

Dropped everyone off at school.... oh yeah... more on that note... the Kindergartens are now starting to line up outside with the BIG kids as opposed to with the nursery inside the school.. Inside in a nice and sheltered environment... Inside away from all the harsh elements and out of harms way... (can you tell I'm having a hard time with this. :) It's my baby what can I say?)

So I have a bit of a moment as I drop him off... we'll call it a "Mom moment". I try and act cool for his sake, meanwhile I'm melting on the inside.

I say, " Collier you get to line up outside with the big kids now! Your gonna practice for when your in Grade 1! Isn't that exciting!".

He answeres in a very typical Collier kinda fashion, 'Not really. It's kinda boring."

I had to laugh... which was better then crying... right in front of his friend and all... I'm sure that would have gone over well. I later learned that they even went out to recess with the big kids! Collier was sure to let me know that they did NOT get to go on the play structure because it was not their turn but on another day... And he handled it all like a man. I'm so proud of him. That coffee I tell yeah.... works like a charm.

O.k. So I wasn't planning on writing about all that but whatever... that was just the first five minutes of the day...

Went to a pot luck with my Friday morning coffee crew but forgot it was a potluck so I came empty handed... always a cool way to make a grand entrance.

Picked up Collier and Lisha... was reprimanded for not bringing Midnight with me even thought I had already warned them ahead of time.

Went to return some jeans. (Picky teens)

Picked Conrad up for lunch.

Came home and within a forty five minute time span I had fed everyone including myself, prepped the meat for supper and packed us up for a spur of the moment trip to the beach. Snacks included... for Collier, Lisha, Seth, me and the dog... actually to be honest forgot the dogs water bottle (yes I said the dogs water bottle and had to come back for it.)

Dropped Conrad off at school...

Went to pick up supplies from the graffiti control office for work on Sunday.

Stopped by the house and picked up that silly bottle, dropped off the paint.

Drove to Birds Hill Park.

Splashed around, threw Seth around (he was the only brave one enough to come and try and splash Mom) looked at the cotton clouds in the baby blue sky. Left. Had to pick up Conrad from work only 2 and a half hours after dropping him off so it was a short swim but so worth it. And we even made it back with a few minutes to spare. So impressive if I do say so myself!

Home. Made supper while washing the dishes. (It's called multitasking... ) One load of laundry, walked the dog, bathed the kids, read books, brushed teeth, tucked them in, cleaned the bathrooms. Walked the dog again... who by the way has finally decided to end the hunger strike in opposition to his temporary placement. Three days later but hey, better late then never...

Watched some show... made milkshakes for Michelle and me and that brings us to the present.

No comments: