Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I got your back... or maybe on second thought

Seth on the potty... "Mom? Can you help me???"

I say, "Yes" even though I know that's not what he is really looking for.

What he really means is "Can you do it for me..." and in this instance were talking about wiping his butt which is so not cool with me for many different reasons but especially considering that my baby is going of to nursery school and he needs to learn how to do that sort of thing for himself.

Neverless I say "yes".

"Yes", in the sense that I will walk him through it step by step. (How much can there be to it you may be wondering to yourself? But there really is. We just take it for granted. Like for instance... how much tp is enough tp?)

Seth being the bright child that he is realized he wasn't getting the results he was looking for so he point blank asks...

"Can you wipe my bum?"

And before I can even begin to open my mouth to answer he follows with this hard to argue logic.

"Because were a family... "
"And families work together..."
"Right Mom?"


Well I guess I can take comfort in know we've tought him something right. :)

No comments: