Sunday, February 4, 2007

Much Ado About Nothing

Yet another weekend has come and gone, and as usual my place looks like a full size tornado has whirled right through it. Oh well... I guess that's what Mondays are for. Dealing with the after math of it all. For some crazy reason I'm actually looking forward to it... (must be not enough sleep.)

I started a new job today. It so funny cuz it's such a complete opposite scenario compared to that of my other job. Yup, it was rough I tell yeah. Sitting there for three hours doing nothing but crafts. We made friendship pens.... between Heather and me we brought one home for everyone, which Mish was ever so grateful for. She only thanked me for it about ten times just within the first hour. Then we had snack and played a few icebreaker games.

I get paid for five hours, one hour for set up, one hour for tear down (which neither is really required), although I do some prep work throughout the week. The rest of the time is actually spent with the girls, of which there was only five in total but all were sweet as pie ... Heather being one of them, which time spent with her while getting paid and doing fun stuff is another added bonus. I expect more to show next time... apparently one of the girls that is a regular was having a birthday party so we lost a few to that. Plus they were all told to bring a friend next time. If we can get high and consistent numbers we can host every Sunday instead of every other.

Moving on from work...

I admit, it is only do to my stubborn streak that I am still reading War and Peace (Leo Tolstoy). I've been at it for almost two months and am hardly one third ways into it. Lot's of war talk... I can hardly follow a thing... terminology I don't understand but at times I surprise even myself when I feel the adrenalin within me as they are about to attack. The romance is sweet.. once your able to figure out who is who. There is a glossary at the beginning of the book to aid in that. .. which I haven't really found to be too helpful but whatever... and every once in a while one comes across a phenomenal passage... or even just a sentence... the author truly has outstanding insight into the human soul. I look forward to reading some of his other stuff, hopefully a bit lighter then this one.

I am exausted... didn't sleep well last night again and had to get up early... I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost done with my second book in less than a month. Wo-wa! Larry's Party. Awsome, awsome writing. Intricate story weaving, and as with War and Peace (from the sounds of it, not experience) amazing insight into humanity. A bit depressing, but not in the gloomy sort of way. More of a matter-a-fact way.

I gotta get me self some 'Mark Twain' novels. I've yet to see a MT quote which didn't strike a chord that in most cases I was not even aware existed...

Bon Bon said...

selah! i got blogger now!!! sweeet!