Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Friday the 12th - All in all a normal Friday, same old same old. Except for Heathers family birthday party in the evening. We bought her a hamster, sparkly pink cage and all... I couldn't be sure that I was reading her facial expressions a hundred percent. I was worried maybe she hoped for something else instead. But when she told me later that evening that in all her twelve years this was the best gift she had ever received my fears had been put to ease. I think she may have been a little overwhelmed initially... I know she is taking this new pet owner role very seriously which is SO cute. The little rug rat has a weekly agenda already posted up on the wall, including all of its feedings, water changes, cage cleanings and treats!

Saturday the 13th-

8AM - Work

11AM- try and track down a cupcake birthday cake for Heathers second party. Glow bowling at Academy Lanes with six of her little buddies. Even though three days before hand Sobeys said they make them it turned out they don't. So not impressed, another strike against Sobeys.... Safeway to the rescue... but with only four hours left on the clock before the guest arrive they cant help me either... except they have one heart shaped cupcake left over from Valentines day. It will do... considering everything I have to admit it looked not bad.

12:30 Arrive home just in time to feed the little ones lunch and send Heather of to drum lessons with Dad.

1:00- Killer cramps, have to sleep it off.

2:30- Prep for 6 preteen girls to invade my house... .
3:00- Invasion occurs
3:30- Drive to bowling lanes, drop Dad of with the girls.... I take Collier, Lisha and Seth to the Forks for a river walk and some sledding. (Its not as warm as I thought it was)
5:30- Get home, try and start on supper while playing ref.
5:45- Boys and I go pick up Team Pink from bowling lanes... Lisha stays at home with Michelle in solitary confinement.
6:30 Get home, open presents, pick up with supper.... say goodbye to all the girls. (YES!!)
7:30 Eat supper
8:00 Get my little ones to bed while Conrad takes Heather and her one remaining friend back to her house for a sleepover. (simultaneously txting with Shivvy for the next TWO hours! We could just pick up the phone and have the same conversation in 15 minutes but hey, its my last day of free txting)
9:00 Shower
10:10 Shivvy finally arrives... just when I should be thinking bout going to bed I go out.
1:30AM Sunday - Get home.
2:00 In bed.
5:00 - Sleep... way over rated.... bird chirping just outside my window.... etc, etc.
8:00 - Get up. Feed the kids breakfast, leave to go to work.
11:30- Get home, send Lish out the door for Ballet....
12:00 PM-Feed Collier and Seth Lunch
12:15- Shower
12:43 Lisha and Dad get home.
12:45- Leave for second job of the day.
4:00 - Eleisha and I walk Amanda home.... then start heading home ourselves... again way colder then I thought... Eleisha commends me for the brilliant idea.
4:20 Get home... Casserole in the oven, four french braids and one outfit change later... and were out the door...
5:15 Safeway... birthday cake number 3 this weekend.... hey why not? Its either that or having to worry about cooking more dishes for the pot luck. Its almost tradition by now that if a birthday falls on a Sunday or Thursday a birthday cake is warranted whether there has been two previously or not.
5:20 - Pick up Caroly.
5:30 - Arrive at church... Eat supper... Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you... etc etc.
6:15 - Conrad goes to pick up his Mom for the church service.
8:30 - Drop grandma off at home... drop family off at home.. then take Caroly home...
9:00 - Walk in the door to the sound of Lisha screaming off the top of her lungs.... oh yeah... giant sliver in her hand... 15 minutes of surgery a lot of tears later and we are good to go.
9:30 - Muster up whatever energy I have and have a brief chat with hubby.... go up and quickly check my email and go to bed setting a new record for earliest night ever. (or not)
11:25 - Asking myself why I am still here.... and not in bed. Surely sandman will be a little more kind to me tonight....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what? I was wondering myself how happy Heather was about the hamster. I knew you were thinking about it for a while, and felt a bit bad for you guys thinking maybe this wasn't the hit we all thought it would be... As you say, she was probably just a bit overwhelmed, and we all read a bit too much into it. :)