Sunday, January 24, 2010

Six Weeks, Two Days.

Nothing monumental to report on. I am totally shocked we have gotten thus far but that is not preventing me from worrying.

Quite honestly, with the first pregnancy I have no idea when I got pregnant. Therefor not quite sure how far along I was when I miscarried. The only reason I even found out was because I hadn't been feeling quite right for months and based on the urging of a friend I decided that I ought to get checked out. Did a home pregnancy test to eliminate that as a possibility and low and behold, much to everyone's surprise it came out positive. Two days later I had an ultrasound that shower a pregnancy that had stopped developing. Needless to say we were heart broken. It is a far far fall from the ultimate high down into the pits of hell.

Only two months later and I was pregnant again. Went in for the first prenatal care appointment where the OB did tests and gave us a due date of April 22. I started bleeding that same evening. Had a few ultrasounds to confirm their diagnosis of miscarriage, and although at one point things looked like they may be taking a turn for the better in the end our second baby had much the same fate as our first. I know I was further along then with the first and maybe that is why, but my body took it's sweet time to recuperating and allowing us to start trying again which bring us to our third.

Six weeks, and two days. As I've said before, I've refused any and all tests knowing that whatever will be will be. We are all on pins and needles as is and we do not need the extra hasle and the ups and downs these tests naturally create. On the other hand it leaves us completely in the dark and nothing with which to gauge upon the well being of this child.


If this were to be my first pregnancy there would be nothing out of the ordinary that would cause me concern. Everything seems to be progressing along just fine. Although it is not consistent, I have felt bouts of nausea like never before with the other two pregnancy's. No spotting is also always a good sign. I'm not sure that I have gotten this far without it which again leaves me hopeful...

...and hopeful is a very scary place to be.

No comments: