Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Six Weeks, Four Days.

"How are you feeling?"

A popular question these days and I really don't mind except that my answer is always the same.

"Too good." I answer.

Here is the scoop. I honestly don't expect myself to reach eight weeks so I guess we will make this the first goal. Not like I can do anything to obtain it but it just helps me in the wait. Somehow three shorter time spans seem more endurable then one long one. And even if I do get there it's not like we're in the clear. I just may be carrying a dead baby, blissfully unaware. Ok maybe minus the bliss part but you get the idea.

Goal #2 is ten weeks. If I have made it that far without any bleeding things have obviously progressed further then ever before. If I miscarriage after it will only prove to be that much more painful both emotionally and physically.

The small light at the end of the tunnel and also my third goal for this trying season is the thirteenth week which is noted as the beginning of the second trimester. After the thirteenth week, chances of miscarriage drop to bellow 10%.

No comments: