Wednesday, January 7, 2009

YOUR OK

So I don't think I reached my goal of 1.something posts a day or whatever it was. I actually don't think I came anywhere near that but such if life. It throws curve balls when it feels like it... without much a warning.

I was driving home this evening and I pulled up behind some car... don't know what kind of car cuz I'm a girl and I couldn't care less but it was blue... I know that much. And it had a rockin license plate. I'm usually not a fan of them cheezmo plates, the ones that say things like 4MYLOVE, FFFFFFF or ZOOMR... but this one for some reason made me smile and then laugh.. not like a LOL laugh but a silent inner laugh.

It said: YOUR-OK

I don't know why I laughed but I did and I really needed it...

Since we're on the topic of my drive home. I used to think it strange that when ever I drove or went for a walk at night, street lamps would just spontaneously turn off... like repeatedly, I don't mean once or twice, they would turn off, only to turn back on as I continued on. I decided to forget about it... and then there is a night like tonight.

Mind you it is a long ride going from west side to south side but never less, not one, not two, not three, not four lights, but FIVE stinken lights go out right over my head! FIVE LIGHTS!

There is me, trying to remain composed... thinking to myself:

"There is nothing out of the ordinary happening here... but if one more light goes then that's it!"

Not exactly sure what that "it" would be but whatever... and of course even if it had which it didn't I would have said ok, a seventh one and then that's it!

But no, there was no sixth lamp that died in my presence. But here is what did happen.

I pull up behind another vehicle who stops at the traffic light right by my bank there. He turn's right... I do another take of the light situation to see if it has changed... and...

What lights?
There all out!
Nothing! Nada!

I shake my head in disbelief, take a right turn and drive away..
I looked back and would it surprise you to hear that they were all back on as if nothing had ever occurred?

No comments: