Friday, January 23, 2009

Where Do Dead DVD Players Go?

It's just about 1 A.M.and the thought of going to bed, on a night like tonight, troubles me. It's going to be one long day tomorrow. I just hope I can get through it without biting anyone head off but between trying to ration my calorie intake and sleep deprivation, I duno. It's not looking promising.

This is the last time I'm gonna talk about this but here it goes.

The other day, a week ago today to be exact I had a friend over cuz I'm tired of spending my Friday nights home alone. Not that S is chop liver. We always have a blast and I try not to think about the fact that our little date nights are going to come to an end next September. But bedtime is round 8ish which leaves... that leaves the rest of the night is what it leaves.

Anyways... rented a movie... "The Traveler" if I recall correctly... About half way through the movie the rest of the little people come home so I go to hit the pause button to tuck them into bed. I get a serious shock when I come in contact with it and I FRIED the DVD player! KFC style! It goes all wonko, half paused but still kinda playing slow mo and all messed up. Pushing stop is useless, as is the play button. I can't even turn the bloody thing off so I had to resort to pulling the plug on it. Now it still works, don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete freak. It's just rather selective now about whether or not it's going to open when instructed.

So yeah... that's that.

I have more, so much more... that I need to get off my "vest" as my little girl called it today.

Totally loving the song "Sober" by Pink and even with the volume cranked on max on my little computer speakers here, I simply can not get it loud enough to satisfy.

To satisfy: to fulfill the desires, expectations, needs, or demands of (a person, the mind, etc.); to give full contentment to.

I'm extremely tired now so forgive me if this stuff didn't make too much sense...

No comments: