Monday, December 1, 2008

And they lived happily ever after!

At one time or another both my boys were/are adamant about marrying me which of course I take as the highest form of flattery and of course I tell them that I already married Daddy and so I can't marry them. Just the other day S. being the math master mind and ingenious child that he is came up with a plan. This is how our conversation went.

"I'm gonna marry you Mommy."
"S. we talked about this already, Mommy can't marry you. I already married Daddy."
"And we don't unmarry right Mom?"
"Right" I respond.
"But Mom," he follows,"Dad is older then you right?"
"Right" again I say, as always. It is at that precise moment I realize what his little brain is collaborating.
"So when Dad dies you'll still be alive and then I can marry you!"

What's a girl to say?

No comments: