Sunday, January 27, 2008

Winter Fest

Today was a pretty great day. Nothing extremely out of the ordinary to make it so. Just a simple day out in the great out doors with my family.

Although I have to say it is not often that my six year old participated... and joyfully might I add, in much of anything and to our delight he did just so. I swear he's got the most handsome smile in the whole universe. I love the way his eyes light up. It is at moments such as these I ask myself,

"How could you ever be anything but a delight?" A mothers labour pains are quickly forgotten. A condition that seems to remain so even as time passes.

My baby girl lost another tooth today. She's pretty proud of herself. Just the other night I asked her what her favourite food was. She pondered it a while. You see, food... it's pretty near and dear to her heart and this was not a question to take lightly. Cake. Ice cream. Cotton Candy. It could be any one of those but it's not.

'Bread." she answers in one simple word. I cannot help but smile....


And my Seth whom I am still trying to convince that even though he is not a baby anymore and quite on the contrary, is growing up into a rather handsome little fella', he is indeed still my baby. Always will be.

Maybe if I bribe him...

No comments: