Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Another Day

Well I must say that I am running short on patience with this whole blogger stuff. It's hardly worth my time. For a while now it seems it's been saving all my posts as drafts, why? Who knows. Simple enough to fix, just go to edit and publish... except that at least on my end I don't get the pictures which tell half the story.

Today much was accomplished. I finally finished writing a letter to a friend... not something I enjoyed doing but it had to be done.

A while back Collier and I were talking about our words and our thoughts... and how there is wisdom in leaving some thoughts left unspoken. A concept he struggles with... which has a tendency to get him in a lot of trouble at times. He had a novel idea... he said that maybe if he filled his head with a bunch of good stuff there would be no room for the bad stuff. I agreed and so we made a deal to start memorising verses together.Today we did just that.

Lately my little ones have had issues with making a race out of everything and just about kill each other as they push each other aside in an attempt to get to the door, out the door or whatever it may be, first! Have to be first, first, first! A human condition I suppose so I shouldn't be taking it too harshly. So we started with Mark 9:35.. if I'm recalling it correctly... where Jesus' deciples ask him who will be first in the kingdom of heaven. He tells them that those who are first will be last, and the who are last will be first. It's cool cuz I think they are getting it. Interestingly enough Seth does most of the three. He's just cool in that sort of way. I love that about him.

Today the three musketeers had another soccer game and Collier got an assist! I was so proud of him! Definitely a step up from him rolling around on the ground. He and I left the game early to go and watch Heather and Michelle in their Oratorical Contest. Both of my girls brought home gold which is phenomenal! This is Michelle's second year in a row in the contest and second time she has brought the trophy home. Heathers first try and she nailed it! I am so proud of her. It is not like her to go above and beyond of what is expected so it was cool to see her challenge herself and have her realize she can exceed at something she puts her mind to. Not only that but the fact that it's Michelle's stomping grounds she was on is something in and of itself. I am proud of them.

I hope tomorrow is a nice day. Conrad and I made plans to go to this little joint in Wolseley and I have been really looking forward to the walk and company. (and the dessert but that almost goes without saying)

No comments: